Sunday 18 August 2013

G[r]eek alphabet - S to U

S is for stars

Original sketch
Original sketch for geek S including Star Trek and Sonic screw driver
New sketch
New sketch for geeky s with Stars - constellation of Ursa Major / the plough

It turns out sonic screw drivers are hard to draw and have to be specific to the correct Doctor. I didn't really like the placement of the Star Trek symbol and anyway, although she likes Star Trek, she's not really a superfan.
So this time round having removed the stars from the letter C, I decided I wanted at least one starry night sky letter and went with putting stars here. It means I get to keep the Ursa Major (Callisto) yay! Also it's one of the most familiar constellations to many and you can use it to find the north star.

T is for Tardis and towels

Original sketch
Original sketch for geeky T for Tardis and towel
New sketch
New sketch for geeky T for Tardis and towel

Not much change here - Tardis has grown and towel is now striped. I'm debating hunting for a scrap of actual towelling to use. What's the towel about? Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. You should ALWAYS know where your towel is. Also, don't panic.

U is for Unicorn

Original sketch
Original sketch for geeky U for Unicorn
New sketch
New sketch for geeky U for Unicorn

Main difference is an improvement in the unicorn's horsey-ness, thanks to my Dad's drawing input. Phew. I can't draw horses. Or much of other things but my horses are not very horsey. I did consider Uhura but with my drawing skills she'd be a black woman in a red mini dress and as mentioned, not entirely relevant for a non-superfan.

No comments: