Thursday 29 August 2013

G[r]eek Alphabet : E is for Elmo!

Elmo has to be one of the easiest letters to do. I could I suppose have chosen to make him out of woven cloth rather than felt but in this case, with him being a fuzzy character it seemed like a good fit to have him made of felt, rather than a lazy cop out.

It went by very easily. I did debate the nose colour a bit, firstly I'd forgotten what colour it is.

This was my reference image for that.
Photo of an Elmo doll or puppet
But because the background is orangey yellow, and his nose is orangey yellow I was worried it would make a hole through the image and tried various yellows paler or less red, but in the end orangey yellow was the best colour so I went ahead.


I struggled a bit with the embroidery on the eyes because I did rather tiny white stitches and then did the black over the top which made it difficult to sew through to make the eyes.


E is for Elmo (geeky alphabet) made out of cloth and felt

But all in all it worked out great and was over too quick to really stop and take photos of the stages.

I'm now on to cloth choices for F!!! Which means we're on to the second row full throttle!!

No comments: