Thursday 26 September 2013

G[r]eek Alphabet : R is for R2D2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certain characters get a lot of love when I post them. At some point I will do a grid of how many facebook likes I get per character and time of day posted.Yes I am that obsessive.

ANYway. People seem to like R2, I know I do and so does my Mum.

Sometimes I run into a problem because I tend to only think a few stages ahead. I had carefully gone to look up the colours of R2's accoutrements and I realised he had a grey head. At first I was like whatever! I'll just embroider it in later, then I started on the head and I kind of liked it in white and I was starting to go off the idea of embroidering the grey. I asked for a few opinions, and everyone was very sweet about the fact that I'd got the colour wrong.

R for R2D2 early stages with just head and R embroidered
Then later I had this idea...laundry pens, ink designed to be washed and be permanent. I tested the pen on the back of one of the feet where it wouldn't matter aaaaaaaaand hey presto! Grey head for R2.

R is for R2D2 completed.

The patterning is semi made up based on a picture I don't know if I posted previously
How to guide to drawing R2D2

I also revisited nostalgia with the following pic
C3P0 and R2D2 on set

No comments: