Sunday 3 February 2013

"You owe me"

With the first batch done and the new batch begun, I had said to those who requested that they would "owe me a favour". I was thinking a packet of hula hoops or something, I came in one day after one of my requesters had asked and was greated with a wink and "Ello!".
"Not that kind of favour!" I cried.

From being asked to make one for a kid, I got asked to make one of a kid's character - Harry Potter himself.

I was immediately stuck in a quandry. Did you notice they have slightly different uniforms from episode to episode of the films? Despite the wiki article on Hogwarts uniforms pretending it's some sort of history, the reality is it was obviously just a design thing and I was amazed how it really wasn't obvious. I mean, did you notice? Maybe you're more of a HP fan than me. I decided to go with the early episodes Harry Potter Uniform as it was brighter and more fun for me.
Unlike 10, I was going to embroider the tie as I didn't feel up to making a tiny stripy tie with no yellow and red ribbon to hand. It looked great but I'd forgotten something....
....Plushies don't really have a neck and about half to three quarters of my hard work got hidden by his head.

The scar was fun to do, and with a bit of help I also did the glasses. I tried to go all out with the robes, I even lined them, but the sizing went wrong and they came out a bit shorter than planned but I'm still proud of them.

The sort of curl is just the fabric, which, despite ironing insists on doing that. I still haven't had my hula hoops, and Harry is still waiting for collection on my desk at work.

I was beginning to think again of asking people for money but my heart wasn't in it.


No comments: