Thursday 2 May 2013

Darth decisions

So Darth Vader. It's gonna be a bit simple if I just do it plain so he's going to have a removable helmet.

This means I need to decide how to do his face. These shots are the angle I'm thinking about

Screenshot of Darth's face under the helmet from original movie

Photo of what I think is an official bust of Darth's face under the helmet

So there are several aspects I am thinking about. The first is the base for the face. Normally my base material is a pale pinky caucasian colour and obviously Darth is caucasian ish, but he's also kind of not seen the sunlight and ill pale. I'm not sure whether I should go for a basic white. I don't really have anything between pale pinky and white. I had thought about a greeny colour but he's not really green. My current pale pink is not all that strong a colour so it might do.

The other aspect I want to work out is the very panda shadowyness round the eyes. NormallyI'd want to do that with embroidery. I am tempted also to do it with a thin layer of black gauzy fabric but I think this may come out looking odd. I think I will stick to embroidery.

This is also the plan for the scar on the head - probably also embroidery.

Finally I need a reference image for the control panel :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So this one will have to do, alongside this one

No comments: