Thursday 2 May 2013

Billie Jean is not my lover....

This is the second time I've had a song stuck in my head while making a plushie.... also ....Thrilllerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyhoo. This one was not all that bad to make.

I used a model as a template because it was hard to get any details out of real images of MJ in the Thriller video on google. I'm afraid I was too lazy to do my own screen grabs.
Model of Michael Jackson in the Thriller song video
I did have some debate about which red fabric to use but I chose a slightly shiny fabric. With some convenient black cotton knocking around and some newly bought light brown felt it was really pretty easy work.

Really the pattern became extremely easy to adapt. Basically a plain red body with some added black stripes. Hands extended so that the sleeves are more rolled up, and a bit of embroidery for the curls on his face.

Michael Jackson Thriller plushie inside out, nearly finished.

What made it especially easy was that all the fabrics were thin and light. Also the lack of jacket was a big help. I did consider making one but to be honest a red jacket over a red basic tshirt with red trousers seemed pointless so I didn't.

Completed Michael Jackson plushie in Thriller outfit
Touchingly the recipient immediately messaged me the moment it went up on facebook and walked round to collect! Bless. That's appreciation. I charged 1 cadbury's creme egg.

No comments: