Tuesday 9 April 2013

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do

Much as I make these plushies by choice and I don't mind making them, the least characteristic the doll is, the less interested I am.

As a result Sherlock was not a thrill for me. He really doesn't have a very distinctive look.


So basically all I could do was riff off the whole long grey coat, toned down clothes and give him a side parting and a blue scarf
Planning sketch for Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock
In many ways it was deja vu back to Edward.

Still it was relatively straightforward to make. The only difficulty I had was the jacket which drove me somewhat nuts as always by refusing to iron into the right shape once I'd sewn it inside out and turned it right way out.
Sewing Sherlock's coat

Fortunately the flair looks kind of fun anyway. IT was a real pain to hem each separate piece however, and made me really grateful when I started the next one that fake leather doesn't really need hemming.

Sherlock complete
Some people have said some kind words about him but the really sweet adorable bit was the friend who I made it for. I sent her an mms with the picture and she rang to tell me it really helped cheer her up as she was having a manky time of it and she'd forgotten asking for one. I am always happy to please. Glad she enjoys it. A handover time to be agreed.

No comments: