Wednesday 30 January 2013

I don't really need another blog but..

....here I am writing another post for the first time in years. I am thinking it is a good place to waffle about my latest sewing commission.

Things I'm going to write : about my plushies, about fakeness, and geek girlness and online misogyny and then I might get bored. So there you go.

So for etage numero un (a small bit of French for no reason) I will let you know how I ended up with a list of plushies to make, that is a bit long.

Currently I have been commissioned 11 times. Six have been made, one I'm not sure what they want yet and I'm at a standstill because of a missing fabric.

It all began way back when a friend asked the universe (well twitter anyway) if someone would make her a Doctor Who Quiet book. I woulda but it had no pattern at the time and it was kind of huge. So then she found this 10th Doctor / Castiel plushie pattern and I foolishly said I'd make her one.

If that was all I wouldn't have a list of 5 more plushies to make right now.

 The first thing was I decided to make it with fabric scraps, not entirely felt. It makes it more fiddly but also more interesting for me.

I decided to use embroidery where possible and also, most foolishly, not follow the instructions and make it inside out and then turn it right way out. This lead to a slightly skinnier plushie than I'd actually planned.

But he was still pretty awesome
 And when she got him, I think she was pretty happy.
He's since had adventures and everything.

But I had started something. Two friends immediately asked for other characters. And then finally someone actually asked for one for a child....



No comments: