Tuesday 11 February 2014

Doc Emmett Brown

This plushie will eventually be part of a trio but for now he's flying solo. I mentioned earlier why I chose this specific outfit so the next stage was basically some cloth choices.

He isn't a complex design in essentials, with no fiddly parts to his costume.

I had intended to do the hair with cloth but it came out a bit pressed against his head so I decided I'd use some wool a bit like Loki.

Doc Emmett Brown (Back to the future) plushie in progress, before additional hair and jacket were done

Although I'm not unhappy with Loki's hair, it didn't entirely go the way I'd like it to look, but I feel it works particularly well here. The sunnies are card with cooking foil on them and I embroidered on the watches on both wrists. The jacket material was stretchy which drove me a little crazy but worked out fine.

So here he is finished!!

Doc Emmett Brown (Back to the Future) complete with sunglasses and jacket


Not bad compared to the original eh?

Comparison image with both a still from the film and the plushie side by side - Doc Emmett Brown (Back to the Future)

No comments: