Monday 10 June 2013

Initial sketches for letters and searches for reference pictures where necessary

A is for Athena, apples of the Hesperides and A'tuin...if I can find a way to include him. Quite happy with this sketch for starters although I may need parental help for the real one to get Athena a bit more human.
A is for Athena, apples of the Hesperides - Alphabet sketch
B is for books and Big Bird. Definitely going to need a reference picture although not as badly as I originally thought.


Reference picture for Big Bird

C is for Cheshire cat, constellation of Ursa Major, which is what the nymph Callisto became after becoming a bear to escape Zeus. Sorry for the blurry picture. Tried two designs but I want a constellation in it. So I'm sticking with number 1
Sketch for letter C - Cheshire cat and Constellation of Ursa Major - Callisto version 1

Sketch for letter C with just Cheshire cat - version 2, my less favourite design

Picture of Ursa Major - Callisto turned into a starry bear constellation
I've done more but I need some sleep.

No comments: