Sunday 21 December 2014

Sinistral dexterity and all that

I'm a bit out of sequence but what the heck. So I made a Hermione, the latest in a long line of Harry Potter plushies (well, long enough for me. So far : Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape).

Hermione demonstrates the two rules of asking me for things:

1. Don't wait yourself till I'm free, you may never notice when I am, I'm always faffing about the place.
2. Never say "whenever you're free" because that may take forever and never happen


As a result I'm afraid I was asked for this some long time back and only now got round to it. And when I say some time back I mean a long while back. Not sure when it was actually.

Anyhoo I didn't put a ton of thought into it and basically riffed off the Harry Potter I made some time back.


I did originally try and make her hair just from cloth as I did with Thor. Unfortunately it mostly came out wonky.

Which I then had to fix

I then made some debate about whether I could find a way to make curly hair or curl some wool to make it curly and gave up, she was going to have straightish brown wool hair bought for the purpose and sewn in place.

I always love cutting the hair to the right length.
 


Final detail was the wand, which, with foolish haste I accidentally sewed to the left hand.


Pretty sure she's not a lefty like me.


Hermione threatening Draco with her wand in her RIGHT hand

The wand was a random colour wrapped in brown wool as I didn't have a brown piece of pipe cleaner. Owner seems happy though.

No comments: